Something new and rugged from Sweden… Handheld Group, a fast-growing manufacturer of rugged mobile computers, PDAs and smartphones, today announced the launch of the new version of its highly popular Algiz7 rugged tablet computer.
The updated Algiz 7 is considerably faster than its predecessor, with better storage capacity, improved security and quicker communication capabilities. The Algiz 7 meets stringent MIL-STD-810G military standards for withstanding humidity, vibrations, drops and extreme temperatures, and with its IP65 rating it keeps dust and water out as well. The new Algiz 7, which starts shipping today, features the following improvements from earlier versions:
- A fast and powerful N2600 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel ATOM processor.
- More memory, with 4 GB DDR3 RAM.
- Better storage, with a 128GB SSD SATA II with recovery partition.
- Two full mPCIe slots for improved flexibility.
- Ethernet 10/100/1000 (Gigabit).
- Added data security with TPM chipset board (chip 1.2).
- An updated version of the wireless Gobi 3000 technology for higher communications speed.
- A 5-megapixel camera.
- Antenna diversity (two antennas) for improved coverage.