INDIANAPOLIS– Global digital marketing leader ExactTarget, a salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM) company, expanded its mobile marketing suite today, introducing new capabilities for multimedia mobile messaging (MMS), location-based push notifications, and rich push notifications to apps on smartphones and tablets.
“Mobile is fueling a transformation in business that holds incredible opportunity for companies to connect with their customers in entirely new ways”
Available through ExactTarget’s MobileConnect and MobilePush applications, the new capabilities will enable marketers to deliver location-based push messages, MMS messages and combine multi-media content, such as video, audio and images, with standard push messages or with an in-app message.
“Mobile is fueling a transformation in business that holds incredible opportunity for companies to connect with their customers in entirely new ways,” said R.J. Talyor, ExactTarget’s vice president of mobile products. “With the addition of location-based messaging and multi-media messaging to our leading mobile product lineup, ExactTarget continues to pioneer the technologies marketers need to deliver a true 1-to-1 experience that builds customer loyalty and drives sales.”
Key features of ExactTarget’s expanded mobile marketing suite will include:
- Location-Based Messaging: Enables marketers to easily define location and parameters to power location-based messaging to apps on smartphones or tablets.
- Rich Push: Expands app-based push messaging with new capabilities to combine multi-media content with standard push messages or with an in-app message displayed in the mobile app inbox.
- MMS: Enables marketers to power mobile messages featuring images, video and audio content.
- Marketing Cloud Integration: Provides seamless integration with the Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud’s contact model, calendar and integrated messaging and data applications to optimize mobile messaging within the customer lifecycle.
- Journey Builder Integration: Interact with customers when they are most likely to convert, purchase or engage with your brand by sending personalized content in real-time across SMS, MMS, push, rich push and mobile email.
ExactTarget’s expanded suite of mobile marketing solutions is currently expected to be generally available to all ExactTarget clients during the first quarter of calendar 2014. MobileConnect and MobilePush are available as standalone products or integrated with the Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud.
Mobile product announcements were unveiled today before a sold-out crowd at ExactTarget Connections. Marketers from around the world are attending the three-day event, which features education and content, including keynotes from author Jim Collins, biographer Walter Isaacson and former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
For updates on Connections, follow @ExactTarget and the hashtag #ET13 on Twitter.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase ExactTarget applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
ExactTarget is a leading global provider of cross-channel digital marketing software-as-a-service solutions that empower organizations of all sizes to communicate with their customers through email, mobile, social media, Web and marketing automation. ExactTarget’s suite of integrated applications enables marketers to plan, automate, deliver and optimize data-driven digital marketing and real-time communications to drive customer engagement, increase sales and improve return on marketing investment. ExactTarget is a salesforce.com company. For more information, visit www.ExactTarget.com.