We have completed our digital humanitarian operation in the Philippines after five continuous days with MicroMappers. Many, many thanks to all volunteers from all around the world who donated their time by clicking on tweets and images coming from the Philippines. Our UN OCHA colleagues have confirmed that the results are being shared widely with their teams in the field and with other humanitarian organizations on the ground. More here.
In terms of preliminary figures (to be confirmed):
- Tweets collected during first 48 hours of landfall = ~230,000
- Tweets automatically filtered for relevancy/uniqueness = ~55,000
- Tweets clicked using the TweetClicker = ~ 30,000
- Total clicks on TweetClicker = ~ 90,000
- Images clicked using the ImageClicker = ~ 5,000
- Total clicks on ImageClicker = ~15,000
- Total clicks on MicroMappers (Image + Tweet Clickers) = ~105,000
Since each single tweet and image uploaded to the Clickers was clicked on by (at least) three individual volunteers for quality control purposes, the number of clicks is three times the total number of tweets and images uploaded to the respective clickers. In sum, digital humanitarian volunteers have clocked a grand total of ~105,000 clicks to support humanitarian operations in the Philippines.
read more via Irevoulution