Today, Esri launched the public beta version of its cloud-based Geotrigger Service that helps developers easily create location-aware apps for iPhone and Android without compromising battery life. The beta Geotrigger Service is available at no cost and feedback from developers will be used to shape the official release.
The Geotrigger Service allows apps built on the Esri location platform to quickly gather business intelligence such as where people are and when the app is used. Developers can also design apps that send messages to users when they arrive at or leave areas defined by a geofence.
“On the Esri location platform, we already offer a host of services for developers from geocoding and geoenrichment to routing maps. The Geotrigger Service boosts this offering with location-awareness and location-based alerts,” said Johan Herrlin, Esri’s senior business strategist.
Developers can use the Geotrigger Service for apps across all industries including:
- Retail and Loyalty: Engage customers with personalized content and deals the moment they enter a store.
- Real Estate: Send messages to prospective home buyers when their search criterion matches a nearby home.
- Energy Management: Use location to automatically manage power consumption at home or in the office.
- Tourism: Bring public attractions to life by informing tourists of interesting locations as they explore a city.
- Public Alerts: Notify citizens about events such as road closures or civic emergencies based on past locations.
For more information, visit esriurl.com/geotrigger.
Since 1969, Esri has been giving customers around the world the power to think and plan geographically. The market leader in GIS technology, Esri software is used in more than 350,000 organizations worldwide including each of the 200 largest cities in the United States, most national governments, more than two-thirds of Fortune 500 companies, and more than 7,000 colleges and universities. Esri applications, running on more than one million desktops and thousands of web and enterprise servers, provide the backbone for the world’s mapping and spatial analysis. Esri is the only vendor that provides complete technical solutions for desktop, mobile, server, and Internet platforms. Visit us at esri.com/news.
– See more at: http://www.gisuser.com/content/view/31542/2/#sthash.8JGxYby3.dpuf