A gift from Foursquare to you in the form of the Best of for 2013 — More than 40 million people have used Foursquare to check in more than 4.5 billion times. Through those check-ins, we’ve learned a lot. That data, along with your tips, likes, and more, helped us come up with lists of the best places around the world, as chosen by all of you. It’s a series of city guides like no other.
We created these same lists last year, but a lot has changed. Here’s what’s different in 2013:
- Ahoy! Seafood restaurants have surged in popularity in New Orleans while southern food has fallen off our list
- Veggies unite! LA is the most veggie-friendly city, with lists for juice bars and vegetarian restaurants popping up
- Life in Istanbul revolves around the Bosphorus. Seafood restaurants and outdoor spots are some of the most popular places in the city
- Coffee lovers flock to Farringdon, a neighborhood connecting central and east London, which claims half of the city’s top coffee shops
- Sad to see it go, but the recently closed 5 Pointz in NYC earned the #2 spot in art galleries this year