Panasonic is proud to introduce a super slim digital compact camera with a LVF (Live View Finder) featuring a powerful 30x optical zoom (35mm equivalent: 24-720mm) for the latest flagship of the popular ZS series. The pocket-sized high performance ZS range has won worldwide popularity for its versatile lens that covers ultra wide-angle to telephoto and high quality image recording capability of both still and video. The new DMC-ZS40 makes significant upgrades especially in functions for more advanced photography such as a Control Ring, RAW compatibility and Focus Peaking.
Crystallizing its optical technologies, Panasonic succeeded in integrating a 24mm ultra wide-angle 30x zoom lens in slim, flat body and the advanced HYBRID O.I.S.+ (Hybrid Optical Image Stabilizer Plus) which effectively suppresses hand movement in both photo and video recording.
The 18.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor and the advanced image processor Venus Engine feature high speed, high sensitivity image recording achieving 1920 x 1080 60p astonishingly smooth full-HD video recording in AVCHD Progressive format and high speed burst shooting at 10 fps with high picture quality. It also has quick start-up and Light Speed Auto Focus to catch the most fleeting shooting opportunities.
With the Wi-Fi® connectivity with NFC (Near Field Communication) technology, users can connect the camera to their smartphone/tablet with one-touch or reading the embedded QR code without the need of cabling or searching for a Wi-Fi® hotspot. In addition, users can utilize a smartphone/tablet for a secondary monitor of the camera that enables manual control or Focus Peaking in addition to setting focus, zooming or releasing the shutter with a refined GUI (Graphic User Interface) on the smartphone/tablet. It is also possible to record video while watching the motion live on a smartphone/tablet.
The DMC-ZS40 is equipped with built-in GPS (Global Positioning System) and complies with GLONASS (Global Navigation Satellite System) for higher accuracy. LUMIX GPS works in association with the internal geographical dictionary of place name information for users who enjoy traveling.
A variety of special effects adding fun to the shooting experience are integrated in the DMC-ZS40 including Creative Control, Creative Retouch and Creative Panorama. Zoom Macro shooting is also available on DMC-ZS40.
Integrating an unprecedented level of functionality into the pocket-sized body with 30x super zoom lens, the DMC-ZS40 is the ultimate digital compact camera that gives the photographer unlimited use in any shooting situation.
The ZS40 will be available on shop.panasonic.com and at select retailers.
Level Gauge, Composition Guide, iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, HDR (High Dynamic Range), 3D Photo Mode, 3.0-inch 920K-dot Monitor with AR Coating, 1250mAh Large Capacity Battery, AC / USB Power Charging
*** Using [Playback on TV] of the Wi-Fi function, you can display images on a TV that supports the Digital Media Renderer (DMR) function of the DLNA standard.
Notice for Motion Picture Recording:
- Use a card with SD Speed Class* with “Class 6″ or higher when recording motion pictures.
* SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.
- Motion pictures can be recorded continuously up to 2 GB. The maximum available recording time for up to 2 GB only is displayed on the screen.
- Leica is a registered trademark of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH.
- The LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lenses are manufactured using measurement instruments and quality assurance systems that have been certified by Leica Camera AG based on the company’s quality standards.
- HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
- “AVCHD Progressive”, “AVCHD”, the “AVCHD Progressive” Logo and the “AVCHD” Logo are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation.
- Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
- Android and Google Play are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc.
- iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
- Facebook and the Facebook logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Facebook, Inc.
- Flickr is a registered trademark or trademark of Yahoo! Inc.
- Picasa is a registered trademark or trademark of Google Inc.
- The Twitter name and logos are trademarks of Twitter, Inc.
- YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc.
- All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective corporations.
- This unit is compatible with both SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards. You can only use SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards on devices that are compatible with them. You cannot use SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards on devices that are only compatible with SD Memory Cards. (When using an SDHC/SDXC Memory Card on another device, be sure to read the operating instructions for that device.)
- Some accessories are not available in some countries.
- Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
About Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company
Based in Newark, NJ, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation. The company offers a wide range of consumer solutions in the U.S. including products from VIERA Life+ Screen, Blu-ray players, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Audio, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Wellness and Personal Care products and more. In Interbrand’s 2013 Annual “Best Global Green Brands” report, the Panasonic brand rose to number four, the highest ranked electronics brand in the report. ( http://bit.ly/19WFSpu ).