Tools for high-efficiency Linux development in enterprise environments
Linux developers have access to an extraordinary array of GNU and open source tools. Now, two leading Linux developers show how to choose the best tools for your specific needs, and integrate them into a complete development environment that maximizes your effectiveness in any project—no matter how large or complex. This book’s example-rich coverage includes:
- The Linux software development process: research, requirements, coding, debugging, deployment, maintenance, and beyond
- Choosing and implementing editors, compilers, assemblers, debuggers, version control systems, utilities, and more
- Using Linux Standard Base (LSB) to deliver applications that run reliably on a wide range of Linux systems
- Comparing Java development options for Linux platforms
- Using Linux in cross-platform and embedded development environments
Whatever your environment, The Linux Development Platform will help you find, choose, configure, and maintain the right tools—and use them to deliver outstanding Linux software.