LivingSocial Makes Mobile Deal Purchasing Faster and Easier for Shoppers – New version of iPhone and iPad app enhances shopping experience – helping shoppers to find customized deals easier than ever before
WASHINGTON–LivingSocial today announced that shoppers using its updated app for iPhone and iPad now have faster access to the best local offers, deals on incredible vacations, unique products, and can’t-miss events. With simplified navigation and a new tabbed interface, LivingSocial’s redesigned app lets consumers browse LivingSocial’s marketplace content with a simple tap. The new iOS app also includes integration with Passbook, enabling users to redeem vouchers seamlessly, with no paper print outs required.
“Mobile accounts for over half of our traffic, approximately a third of our transactions, and tens of millions of consumer purchases”
“Mobile accounts for over half of our traffic, approximately a third of our transactions, and tens of millions of consumer purchases,” said Ian Costello, VP of Product Development, LivingSocial. “It’s clear that the future of LivingSocial is mobile and we want to give our customers the best experience possible. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our app so that they can find the deals they want quickly and easily. Our improved mobile experience also benefits our merchants by providing an optimized channel for reaching their target customers.”
Highlights of LivingSocial’s app update include:
- Consumer Convenience - LivingSocial’s offer pages have been redesigned to ensure the best deal shopping experience from the convenience of an iPhone or iPad. These pages load faster and offer more information including maps and merchant contact information. An updated carousel of images on the app homepage makes the shopping experience more dynamic and fun, enabling simple navigation through featured deals with the swipe of a finger.
- Customized Shopping – Offer categories like restaurants, beauty, events, sports, and fitness let shoppers access their favorite types of deals quicker, while improved search highlights deals ending soon so users don’t miss out on the hottest offers. Shoppers can also find deals by geolocation, allowing them to save money on offers nearby.
- Passbook Integration - Consumers can add vouchers directly to their Passbook account from the LivingSocial app, eliminating the need for consumers to print and carry coupons.
- Pre-purchase Offers - App users will now be able to claim money saving offers including both coupons and select merchant promotions for use at merchant sites both online and in-store.
- Social Sharing with Me+3 - LivingSocial’s ‘Me+3’ functionality lets consumers receive a free deal when three friends purchase a deal through a referral link.
- Gifting - Giving on the go has never been easier – consumers can gift vouchers at the time of purchase and send to the recipient via email.
To coincide with the launch this week, LivingSocial is offering savings of 20 percent off with the code: MOBILE20. The offer expires on March 16 at 11:59 p.m. PDT and is valid on mobile app purchases only. For details see: https://www.livingsocial.com/sponsors/mobile20