You can use the Collector for ArcGIS app on an Android or iOS device to take your maps into the field. You can also collect data while offline, and later synchronize your updates when a connection becomes available.
To learn more, tune in to the Esri live training seminar Offline Data Collection Using Collector for ArcGIS on April 17, 2014.
The presenters will show you how to use Collector for ArcGIS to download maps to your smartphone or tablet and make updates to your geographic information systems (GIS) data without an Internet connection. You will also learn how to create new GIS features, as well as update existing ones, while in a disconnected environment.
After viewing this seminar, you will understand how to do the following:
• Use the app to download maps to your smartphone or tablet
• Collect and update GIS features when disconnected from a network
• Synchronize and manage changes between the field and your office
• Prepare maps and services for offline use with ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS for Desktop
April 17, 2014
9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 3:00 p.m. (PDT)
This seminar will interest GIS managers and analysts, field managers, and staff members who want to learn how to create, deploy, and use Collector for ArcGIS to improve their field-to-office workflows.
A basic understanding of mobile devices and ArcGIS Online is preferred. A general understanding of ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcGIS for Server technology is recommended but not required.
You will need a broadband Internet connection and an Esri Global Account to watch the live training seminar. Creating an Esri Global Account is easy and free: visit esri.com/lts, click Login, and register your name and address.
Collector for ArcGIS improves the efficiency of your field work force and the accuracy of your GIS. Use your iOS or Android device to collect and update information in the field, whether connected or disconnected. From damage reports and service requests to places of historical interest—create the data that matters most to your organization.
- Take your maps and data offline, and sync your collected information once reconnected
- Find places, plan routes and get directions.
- Improve your data quality with map-driven forms.
- Share captured photos and videos.
- Configure the app to fit your organization’s workflow.
- Display data in the Operations Dashboard.