STAMFORD, CT, May 8, 2014 — Pitney Bowes Inc. (NYSE: PBI) today announced the launch of the Spectrum® Spatial platform, a platform built onMapInfo technology, that delivers advanced location intelligence to enable businesses to centrally manage and deliver location data. Companies can apply this technology across departments and applications to address diverse business challenges.
As personal and business interactions take flight globally on tablets and smart phones, a company’s ability to instantaneously talk, text, market, sell and delight their customers with relevant content has come to be expected. Savvy businesses are using location information to better communicate with customers, create more targeted promotions, and promote sophisticated cross-selling opportunities. This trend, known as the consumerization of GIS, increasingly requires non-GIS experts to build and support location-based applications and services. Clients who use Pitney Bowes’ MapInfo product were a key driver for this new platform and its relevance in the market.
“Pitney Bowes’ location intelligence solutions, such as Spectrum Spatial, enable clients to answer a fundamental, yet complex question faced by nearly all organizations: where? It’s a critical factor in countless strategic and operational decisions,” said James Buckley, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Location Intelligence, Pitney Bowes. “We are helping ‘marry’ organizational data with location to help businesses make critical decisions that improve performance.”
Domino’s Pizza Enterprises is the recognized world leader in pizza delivery operating a network of company-owned and franchise-owned stores in the United States and international markets.
Domino’s Pizza is the largest pizza chain in Australia in terms of both network store numbers and network sales and Domino’s implemented Spectrum Spatial in Australia and New Zealand to help improve productivity and increase revenue for Domino’s and their franchisees.
“With some areas rapidly expanding and developing, it is vital that Domino’s has an up-to-date view of its franchise territories. Pitney Bowes Software has let Domino’s update its territories as required. Accurate territories mean we do not waste time and energy marketing to dead addresses or missing out on new opportunities. It also minimizes any territory disputes,” said Wayne McMahon, CIO, Domino’s Pizza.
Over 80% of all business data has a location component to it and the following is just a sampling of how companies can apply Spectrum Spatial solutions to their business needs:
- Social Media companies can use this technology to identify location information associated with status updates and other location-tagged content for social sharing.
- Financial Services companies can select optimal branch sites, re-evaluate underperforming branches and increase customer service by installing ATM locators.
- Insurance providers can improve underwriting decisions, manage risk on a portfolio basis and streamline the claims management process.
- Telecommunications providers will be able to plan and monitor networks and infrastructure, provide location-enhanced customer support, more effectively target high-value customer segments and improve operational processes.
Building on the capabilities of the Spectrum® Technology Platform, Spectrum Spatial pulls insights from a fusion of business, spatial and third party data and then seamlessly delivers location intelligence to business stakeholders.
Highlights from the new version of Spectrum Spatial include:
- BI Integration – Adding location intelligence to business intelligence results in empowered decision making, giving companies a 360 degree view of their customers.
- Address Management, Geocoding and Reverse Geocoding – Best-in-class data that validates, standardizes and corrects addresses in 250 countries/territories. Geocoding and reverse geocoding capabilities provide a precise set of coordinates based on the X and Y axis.
- Spatial Data Analysis – Features easy-to-use functionality such as “Find Nearest” which locates the points of interest that are nearest to a given location, as well as locate distance between two points.
- Routing - Provides the ability to obtain driving or walking directions, calculate drive time/distance, and identify locations within a certain time or distance from a starting point.
- Packaged Browser-based Mapping Application – Enables business users and decision-makers, based on their access rights, the ability to interact with data and spatial information on an intuitive mapping interface to better communicate or facilitate more effective decisions.
More than a billion people around the world today use Pitney Bowes location intelligence solutions when they check in or use location-sharing features on major social media platforms. Just this week, Pitney Bowes announced a partnership with SAP by signing a global original equipment manufacturer (OEM) agreement, where Pitney Bowes will develop next generation geospatial and location intelligence solutions using the SAPHANA® platform. Pitney Bowes’ location intelligence suite of products offers the most comprehensive capabilities to provide businesses with the ability to visualize spatial data and understand relationships between specific locations.
About Pitney Bowes
Pitney Bowes provides technology solutions for small, mid-size and large firms that help them connect with customers to build loyalty and grow revenue. Many of the company’s solutions are delivered on open platforms to best organize, analyze and apply both public and proprietary data to two-way customer communications. Pitney Bowes includes direct mail, transactional mail and call center communications in its solution mix along with digital channel messaging for the Web, email and mobile applications. Pitney Bowes: Every connection is a new opportunity™. www.pb.com.