Ford customers to get a five-year subscription to advanced information and entertainment services delivered via satellite from SiriusXM, including traffic conditions, weather, fuel prices, sports scores and movie listings
SiriusXM and Ford Motor Company today announced customers purchasing any Ford brand vehicle equipped with navigation will get a five-year subscription to SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link, starting with model year 2015.
“Ford was the first automaker to market SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link in 2009,” said Rodney Pickett, Senior Vice President, Automotive Partnerships, SiriusXM. “SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link offer a wealth of information that drivers will find helpful and use daily, and we are thrilled to work with Ford to give its customers the best in-vehicle experience available on the road.”
“Giving our customers SiriusXM’s unparalleled diversity of information and entertainment services enhances the experience of driving a new Ford vehicle equipped with navigation,” said Chantel Lenard, U.S. Marketing Director, Ford Motor Company.
Ford drivers and passengers using SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link will have access via satellite from SiriusXM to a suite of services with features that include:
- Traffic speed: Color-coded roads on the vehicle’s navigation screen show traffic speed in major metro areas
- Accidents, construction and road closures: Receive traffic alerts, including information about accidents, disabled vehicles, construction and road closures
- Alternate route guidance and mapping: In-vehicle navigation system and detailed traffic data allow drivers to choose alternate routes and receive updated directions to avoid congested roads
- Fuel prices: Get detailed information on fuel prices and the ability to sort by lowest price, fuel type, distance or brand name
- National weather information: Receive coast-to-coast weather data including current conditions, five-day forecasts and weather maps
- Sports scores: In-game and final scores, as well as weekly game schedules, for world-class professional sports and college programs
- Movie listings: Access detailed local movie theater listings, including start times and ratings
Customers purchasing any new Ford brand vehicle equipped with satellite radio also receive a six-month subscription to SiriusXM’s All Access Package with access to SiriusXM’s premium programming lineup. This includes every NFL game, Howard Stern, every NASCAR® race, Oprah Radio® and MLB Network Radio™, plus access to SiriusXM Internet Radio on smartphones and other connected devices as well as online at siriusxm.com.
For more information on SiriusXM, please visit www.siriusxm.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 183,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) is the world’s largest radio broadcaster measured by revenue and has 25.8 million subscribers. SiriusXM creates and broadcasts commercial-free music; premier sports talk and live events; comedy; news; exclusive talk and entertainment; and the most comprehensive Latin music, sports and talk programming in radio. SiriusXM is available in vehicles from every major car company in the U.S. and from retailers nationwide as well as at shop.siriusxm.com. SiriusXM programming is available through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for smartphones and other connected devices as well as online at siriusxm.com. SiriusXM also provides premium traffic, weather, data and information services for subscribers in cars, trucks, RVs, boats and aircraft through SiriusXM Traffic™, SiriusXM Travel Link, NavTraffic®, NavWeather™, SiriusXM Aviation, SiriusXM Marine™, Sirius Marine Weather, XMWX Aviation™, and XMWX Marine™. SiriusXM holds a minority interest in SiriusXM Canada which has more than 2 million subscribers.