In recognition of Lightning Safety Awareness Week, Weather Decision Technologies announces Weather Radio alerting application for iOS with expanded features at reduced price
Weather industry leader Weather Decision Technologies (WDT) has released a completely redesigned version of its popular Weather Radio mobile application for iOS and reduced the price by half to $4.99 on both iOS and Android platforms. Weather Radio is a life-safety app, providing patented spoken alerts when you or your pre-set locations are in a hazardous weather area polygon, as defined by the National Weather Service. Weather Radio is the only weather app you need, allowing access to hourly, daily and extended forecast information, current radar, plus watches and warnings for up to 5 locations.
A $4.99 in-app yearly subscription expands the alert capability to include lightning notifications, informing users immediately when strikes enter and exit a radius of 6 miles around their current location, as well as predefined locations. Protect yourself and others at the beach, ballpark and golf course – or any outdoor activity.
Weather Radio is available today for download in the App Store and will be offered on Android devices in July.
“WDT is pleased to provide our customers an extensive list of new features at a reduced cost and also offer the ability for users to upgrade and receive potentially life-saving lightning notifications,” says Mike Eilts, WDT’s President & CEO. “WDT has heavily invested in its push alert infrastructure over the past several years. As a result, users know they can count on us to rapidly deliver critical weather alerts in times of need.”
Weather Radio Features:
- Patented Alerting Engine: Weather Radio provides more accurate alerts than those offered by typical consumer alerting services. Patent #8519860
- Follow Me: Weather Radio will alert you if you are in an area when a watch/warning is issued, without you having to do anything.
- Friends and Family: Weather Radio can also save up to five fixed locations in addition to your current position.
- Audio: Weather Radio provides audio alerts in the form of beeps followed by a brief description of the alert type.
- Radar: Quickly reference where you are in relation to adverse weather utilizing the in-app radar mapping capability that features watch and warning overlay.
- Quick Forecast: Access current and forecast weather information for all locations from a single screen.
- VoiceOver: User friendly for the visually impaired. We have optimized this app to work with Apple’s VoiceOver technology, ensuring as many people can utilize our life-saving app as possible.
- Video: You can view localized streaming video of severe weather coverage for up-to-the-minute information from within the app.
About Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. (WDT)
Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. is the industry leader, providing organizations with weather decision support on a global scale. WDT offers specific expertise with big data as it applies to hazardous weather detection and prediction, forecast modeling, decision analytics, GIS, mobile apps and interactive mapping. WDT employs the world-renowned WeatherOps forecast team, staffed by experts who provide global asset projection and commodities trading decision support. WDT maintains operational offices in Norman, Oklahoma and Houston, Texas.