NAPLES, Fla., Sept. 8, 2014 — Hertz (NYSE: HTZ) and Navigation Solutions today announced the launch of the next generation Hertz NeverLost® GPS navigation system across the U.S. The award-winning in-vehicle system now offers even more customization capabilities for travelers along with new, breakthrough navigation tools for ease, convenience and personalization when planning trips.
The new system syncs directly with the recently launched Hertz NeverLost® Companion app, giving travelers access to more than 10 million U.S. destinations on their mobile devices to plan trips at their leisure, then instantly begin navigation in their Hertz rental.
“Our innovation goes beyond a typical navigation device, offering hands-free calls and instant Bluetooth connection, personal and customizable rental information, exploratory travel guides, weather, flight information, and even access to a concierge to provide the traveler with an enhanced rental experience,” said Mark P. Frissora, Hertz Chairman and CEO. “With the latest Hertz NeverLost, customers can experience a new way of trip planning and navigation with a one-of-a-kind travel tool that allows them to see more, do more and discover more.”
Hertz NeverLost® is available to rent along with a Hertz vehicle and offers groundbreaking features for rental GPS systems within the car rental industry, including:
- Hands-Free Calls – For ease and safety on the road, pair with a smartphone to make and receive calls and access contacts. Phone numbers for points of interest within the device can also be dialed.
- Travel Guide – Explore the city and discover local events. Quickly search through thousands of points of interest and get even more out of the trip with accompanying audio, images and descriptions.
- Weather, Flights & More – Discover special events and local attractions and get access to weather and flight information.
- NeverLost Concierge – Live concierge operators are available to help search for destinations, build custom trips and send route information directly to the NeverLost system.
- Companion App – Stay connected with the NeverLost Companion app to sync favorites, explore the area and search for destinations from any location.
- My Favorites – Enter download codes or use the USB flash drive to access trips built on NeverLost.com, the Companion app, or excursions built by the NeverLost Concierge team.
- Contact Hertz – The device is programmed with all necessary Hertz phone numbers. And with hands-free calling, Hertz can be contacted with a paired smartphone with the press of a button.
- Rental Record Info – View current rental record information on the device.
“We’re thrilled to be rolling out the newest version of Hertz NeverLost across the U.S. to offer travelers a sophisticated, yet easy-to-use navigation tool when renting with Hertz,” said Rob Moore, Hertz Chief Technology Officer. “With the instantaneous connection to our new Companion app, the NeverLost system has become a first-of-its-kind within the travel industry, shaping the wave of the future for navigation technology.”
To learn more about the new generation of Hertz NeverLost®, visit www.NeverLost.com.
Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate and licensee locations in about 145 countries in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and New Zealand. Hertz is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand, operating from approximately 10,090 corporate and licensee locations in approximately 145 countries. Dollar and Thrifty have approximately 1,400 corporate and franchise locations in approximately 75 countries. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 130 major airports in Europe.
Product and service initiatives such as Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, NeverLost®, Carfirmations, Mobile Wi-Fi and unique vehicles offered through the Company’s Adrenaline, Dream, Family, Fun, Green and Prestige Collections also set Hertz apart from the competition. Additionally, Hertz owns the vehicle leasing and fleet management leader Donlen Corporation, operates the Hertz 24/7 hourly car rental business and sells vehicles through its Rent2Buy program. The Company also owns a leading North American equipment rental business, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, which includes Hertz Entertainment Services. More information about the company can be found at www.abouthertz.com.
About Navigation Solutions
Navigation Solutions, a Plano, TX company, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Hertz Corporation and is the developer of the award winning Hertz NeverLost® travel service. The suite of services includes the well-known in-car navigation system, as well as Online Trip Planning at NeverLost.com, free concierge-style product support at 1-800-823-2547, and the Companion smartphone mobile application. Hertz NeverLost® curates custom content that can be shared wirelessly between platforms via the cloud