DETROIT, (September 12, 2014) — Leading global systems-solutions provider Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America has exhibited and demonstrated a range of advanced technologies that support automated and connected vehicles at the 2014 Intelligent Transport Systems World Congress (ITS), held at Cobo Center in Detroit, Michigan, this week.
Since 2011, Panasonic Automotive has been the world’s largest supplier of automotive infotainment systems, according to IHS Automotive*. Panasonic’s industry-leading infotainment systems combine advanced connectivity with rich content and easy operation, bringing together convenience and vision technologies in ways that enhance awareness, entertain and delight drivers.
Panasonic Automotive’s participation at this year’s ITS showcased its commitment to raising the standard for transportation systems and traffic management, while contributing to a cleaner environment, consumer comfort, choice and safety, and community life.
In keeping with the 2014 World Congress theme of “Reinventing Transportation in Our Connected World,” the company’s exhibit space spotlighted Technology for the Connected Car and Big Data Solutions.
“For Panasonic it’s all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle,” said Tom Gebhardt, President of Panasonic Automotive.
Documenting its 2014 ITS World Congress experience, Panasonic Automotive has created a video overview of the highlights of its technology exhibits. You can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jQw_oSjk8U
Technology for the Connected Car solutions exhibited:
- Surround View Camera with Sensing Features
- Pelican Imaging- an ultra-thin, camera array and imaging
- Side View Camera
- Intelligent Mirrors show unobstructed view
- 79GHZ Radar for Infrastructure- Millimeter-wave radar sensor with potential application for both side-of-vehicle and infrastructure sensing
- Steering Grip Sensing Technology
Big Data solutions exhibited:
- Logistics Probe Solutions using Dedicated Short Range Communication (DSRC), On-board Unit (OBU), and GPS, allowing for vehicle-to-vehicle, vehicle-to-person, and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication
- AUPEO! Personal Radio audio companion service to offer a personalized blend of entertainment and information
- Fujisawa Sustainable Smart Town – Connected sustainable eco lifestyle project
Panasonic’s ITS booth also featured an exhibit on Fujisawa Sustainable Smart Town, which the company has developed has essentially become in part as a living laboratory for many of today’s intelligent transport system technologies. Panasonic and a number of partners have created a connected, sustainable town that is focused on enabling eco-conscious and smart lifestyles.
In addition to product technologies and industry solutions, Panasonic technology leaders participated in the following 2014 ITS Congress Sessions:
- Ken Nakaoka, Cooperative ITS System Standards
- Tomoaki Abe, Innovations in Bus Vehicle Systems
- Yuichi Takayanagi, NMEA Format (GPS) utilizing Short Range Data for Mobile Phone and Applied Map Deliver Systems
- Atsuo Iwase, An Examination of the Application of a Film Antenna for 700MHZ Band ITS
- Ryoichi Ogishima, Minimum Quality Requirements for Driving Event Video Recorder to Secure Safe Driving Management
- David Taylor, The Cloud Gets Personal, Connected Vehicle Trade Association Summit
Aupeo! is a registered trademark of Aupeo, GmbH
Personal Radio is a trademark of Aupeo, GmbH
About Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America is a division company of Panasonic Corporation of North America and is the top supplier of automotive infotainment systems globally, according to IHS. Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of Americaacts as the North American operating company of Panasonic Corp.’s Automotive & Industrial Systems Company, which coordinates global automotive and industrial systems and components operations. Panasonic Automotive is headquartered in Peachtree City,Georgia, with sales, marketing and engineering operations in Farmington Hills, Michigan. For more information on Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America, please visit: http://us.panasonic.com/automotive.