Today, Polar, the leading pioneer of heart rate monitoring and wearable sports devices, unveiled the Polar M400 GPS training watch with 24/7 activity tracking. The M400 is the perfect companion for runners or anyone who wants to lead an active lifestyle. Like all Polar services, products and apps, it will help you understand your body so you can get fitter faster.
The water-resistant M400 combines the best of GPS and 24/7 activity tracking with advanced sports technology using Bluetooth® Smart. Available in white and black, the M400 adds style to any outfit. You can track important training metrics like speed, pace, distance and altitude with the built-in GPS, while making sure your effort is always at the right intensity (with a Polar H7 heart rate sensor*). Its built-in activity tracker gives a complete picture of all daily activities – your steps, calories burned and how restfully you slept. You will get alerts for inactivity directly on your wrist and through the Polar Flow app, offering suggestions on how to achieve your personalized activity goals, such as jogging for 50 minutes or walking for two hours.
The M400 keeps up with your training schedule with its extensive battery life of 9 hours in training time with GPS and sensors running, and up to 24 days if it is simply keeping time, with activity monitoring.
The M400 packs a powerhouse of exclusive Polar options for training, including:
- Polar Running Programs** – After getting your personal fitness level and setting a goal – such as running a 5k, 10k or marathon – you will get tailored weekly training targets and motivational guidance to help you get to the finish line, as well as cross-training workout suggestions
- Personal Best – You can keep tabs on your personal bests because the M400 notifies you when you break a record
- End Time Estimator – When getting ready for your upcoming race, you can get an idea of how long it will take you to cross the finish line based on your training history of speed and pace
- Back to Start – Directs you to your starting point in the shortest distance possible, letting you try new routes or travel without fear of getting lost
- Running Index – You can track improvements in how fast and efficiently you run, and can also predict estimated finish times for common running distances, like 5k, 10k, half marathon and marathon
- Relive – A fun and shareable animated feature that lets you relive your routes with snapshots from your workout, such as your pace, distance, maximum heart rate and approximate location
“The M400 captures comprehensive fitness and training data and then uses Polar Smart Coaching technology to provide runners with important feedback to reach their goals,” said Herb Baer, Polar USA President. “The M400 offers runners integrated GPS, heart rate compatibility, 24/7 activity and sleep metrics all in one great looking wrist unit at an affordable price.”
You can sync all training information to the Polar Flow web service and app, where you can easily plan and analyze workout sessions and monitor progress. Polar Flow celebrates your accomplishments and gives motivation to keep you moving. You will also get guidance on how to reach your goals during each workout.
Using Bluetooth® Smart technology, the M400 updates software as needed, making it future-proof.
The Polar M400 is available this Fall on ShopPolar.com for $199.95, or can be purchased for $249.95 with the additional H7 heart rate sensor. The M400 will be available from leading sports retailers, local specialty retailers and online.
Headquartered in Lake Success, NY, Polar USA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Finland-based Polar Electro OY, which invented the first wireless heart rate monitor (HRM) in 1977. Polar now operates internationally in more than 80 countries and its products are sold through 35,000 retailers globally. Polar heart rate and fitness assessment technology delivers unparalleled insight into the human body from valuable training guidance and feedback, to enabling individuals to improve their fitness level and sports performance. Polar technology is key to the success of leading fitness facilities, athletic teams, corporate wellness facilities, health insurance providers and thousands of physical education programs around the world. Today, Polar training computers are the number one choice among consumers worldwide. For more information, visit www.polar.com.