ORLANDO, Fla.–Samsung Electronics America, Inc. a global leader in technology, will showcase its latest digital enterprise solutions designed to enhance mobility, display and print for the digital business at Gartner Symposium 2014 in Orlando, Florida. Solutions will be shown in a number of business settings, such as those for enterprise-BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), healthcare, government and finance at Booth #5 and #6 in Atlantic Exhibit Hall from October 5-9.
“In an increasingly mobile workforce, we’re delivering the tools that enable these executives to foster innovation, drive revenue and ensure customers’ success.”
“As CIOs and CXOs navigate the numerous challenges and opportunities in this progressively digital world, Samsung is dedicated to providing strategies and enterprise-ready solutions to help them connect and manage their businesses,” said Tod Pike, senior vice president of Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division. “In an increasingly mobile workforce, we’re delivering the tools that enable these executives to foster innovation, drive revenue and ensure customers’ success.”
Leveraging its deep understanding of the customer experience, Samsung has developed a portfolio of intuitive, powerful and enterprise-ready solutions. Large enterprises, government, finance, retail, educational and healthcare organizations have implemented Samsung’s vast array of smart devices – including multifunction printers, digital signage, virtualization solutions, mobile PCs, tablets and smart phones – to improve mobility, enable collaboration and enhance the user experience.
Enterprise is a top strategic imperative for Samsung globally and the company is positioned to gain strength and momentum with its enterprise product, solution, security and service offerings that have grown significantly over the last several years.
“We are committed to supporting core technologies across all major manufacturers, operating systems and a wide array of enterprise mobility management platforms,” said Robin Bienfait, Executive Vice President and Chief Enterprise Innovation Officer. “Our focus is helping businesses move past the challenges of keeping pace with technology. We connect seemingly disparate elements into a cohesive ecosystem that unlocks new opportunities and delivers unique competitive advantages for our customers.”
Products and solutions on display at the Samsung booth include:
- Galaxy Tab® Active: The Galaxy Tab Active is Samsung’s first tablet built specifically for business, applying Samsung’s trusted mobile leadership and people inspired innovation philosophy to the workplace. The next step in Samsung’s legacy of innovation in the tablet category, the Galaxy Tab Active employs the ruggedized, portable design that professionals desire to take on the demands of today’s challenging business environments.
- Galaxy Tab® S: The Galaxy Tab S, Samsung’s thinnest and lightest tablet to date, is a Super AMOLED tablet combining an advanced display with a full range of premium content for an unrivaled entertainment experience. The Galaxy Tab S is powered with enhanced productivity features for multitasking, elegantly housed in a stylish, yet practical design. The tablet’s advanced outdoor visibility technology makes on-screen content look bright, natural, and easy to view.
- Galaxy Note® 4 and Galaxy Note® Edge:. The Galaxy Note 4 embraces Samsung’s heritage of an unrivaled Galaxy mobile experience. Its 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440) Super AMOLED display reproduces clear and vivid images with deep contrast, better viewing angles, and rapid response times. The Galaxy Note Edge’s unique curved Edge screen provides quick access to frequently used apps, alerts and functionality – even when the cover is closed – all with the swipe of a thumb. Users can receive notifications from the Edge Screen while viewing or editing documents without disturbing viewing. The Note 4 and Note Edge provide a variety of key business features like the S Pen, Ultra Power Saving Mode, fingerprint scanner and Knox security options.
- Gear VR: Through a partnership with Oculus Rift, Samsung is introducing Gear VR to create a new way for users to experience content, powered by Note 4’s advanced processor. It represents a whole new category of device, giving users an immersive 360 degree experience. Samsung continues to redefine mobile experiences on a wide range of devices, and the Gear VR lends itself to innovative new use cases for business. Customers can experience an immersive environment that provides employees with realistic training simulation for vehicles or aircraft.
- Chromebook 2 Series: The new models in the Samsung Chromebook 2 Series, available in 11.6- and 13.3-inch configurations, provide fast performance, long battery life and a slim, light build enhanced by a durable textured lid and elegant stitched design. The 13.3-inch model also features a Full HD resolution screen, enabling users to enjoy vibrant visuals for work, teaching and learning, and entertainment.
- Print Powered by Android: Highlighted in its recent Smartify campaign, Samsung’s focus is to develop printer solutions that seamlessly fit into the IT and Smart office ecosystem, Its new Android based MFPs, including the M4580FX, feature Samsung’s Smart UX which operates without a PC. These MFPs are the first of their kind to be equipped with an Android operating system, and are designed to be more independent and intuitive. The Smart MultiXpress series MFP comprises ten new models from four different printer categories.
- Samsung Knox™: Samsung Knox is a comprehensive mobile security solution that provides security hardening from the hardware through the application layer and implements a concept called “container” that is a separate secure execution environment for a set of pre-screened applications to run and store data. Knox is available for use by enterprises by giving IT departments the comprehensive control they need, without infringing on employee privacy. Employees may choose to store enterprise applications and data, allowing IT departments to manage the container through EAS (Exchange ActiveSync server). These features make Knox an ideal platform for both BYOD and IT managed deployments.
In addition, Samsung executive leadership will deliver a number of experience-focused speaking sessions, highlighting the potential of digital business for CIOs and CXOs as well as strategies to connect and manage their businesses.