The Week-Long Occasion Spotlights a Collection of Top Restaurants, Raises Awareness for Hunger with Feeding America Partnership
Today Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) (http://www.groupon.com) announced the launch of Taste of Groupon, a food-focused collection brimming with top restaurants across the United States and Canada. Whether it’s experiencing the best tapas outside of Spain or the finest cut of prime rib imaginable, the decadent collection of restaurants will satisfy every craving. There is also a philanthropic element integrated into the campaign—one meal will be donated to Feeding America for every Food and Drink Groupon purchased in the United States—so diners are helping fight hunger with every indulgent purchase.
“Every town, big or small, has boast-worthy restaurants”
“Every town, big or small, has boast-worthy restaurants,” said Julie Szudarek, SVP of Groupon Local. “Taste of Groupon is the latest example of how we’re spotlighting these great businesses, connecting them with our huge audience and driving additional traffic through their doors.”
Some of the top restaurants in the collection include:
- Michelin Starred Aquavit in New York
- TLC’s “Cake Boss” star Carlo’s Bakery in North Jersey
- The Gorbals in Los Angeles, starring Ilan Hall
- Rick Bayless’ Frontera Grill in Chicago
- Sala Thai in Washington, D.C.
- Michelin Starred Valentino in Santa Monica
- Dine in an historic lighthouse in Boston
- CY Steak in Denver
- RumFish Grill in Tampa, which includes diving in a gigantic tank with exotic fish
Groupon is also running a photo contest on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Participants share a picture of their favorite dish at a restaurant for the chance to win $100 in Groupon Bucks to spend during the Taste of Groupon. Details can be found here.
In tandem with the Taste of Groupon collection, Groupon has also determined food capitals across the nation based on purchasing trends of customers. Notable conclusions include:
- Cincinnati eats the most meat (spanning categories such as burgers, sausages and steak)
- Italian restaurants are more popular in Westchester, New York than any other market
- Las Vegas is, shockingly, the drinking capital of the United States
- Phoenix takes the lead in terms of smoothie and chocolate shake consumption
Additional food capitals are featured in the accompanying infographic.
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) is a global leader of local commerce and the place you start when you want to buy just about anything, anytime, anywhere. By leveraging the company’s global relationships and scale, Groupon offers consumers a vast marketplace of unbeatable deals all over the world. Shoppers discover the best a city has to offer on the web or on mobile with Groupon Local, enjoy vacations with Groupon Getaways, and find a curated selection of electronics, fashion, home furnishings and more with Groupon Goods.
Groupon is redefining how traditional small businesses attract, retain and interact with customers by providing merchants with a suite of products and services, including customizable deal campaigns, credit card payment processing capabilities, and point-of-sale solutions that help businesses grow and operate more effectively. To search for great deals or subscribe to Groupon emails, visit www.Groupon.com. To download Groupon’s five-star mobile apps, visit www.groupon.com/mobile. To learn more about the company’s merchant solutions and how to work with Groupon, visitwww.GrouponWorks.com.