TomTom (TOM2) today announces map updates around the globe, increasing coverage and improving features for all business customers. TomTom’s global map database now covers over 44 million kilometres and 4.2 billion people worldwide, and features full navigable coverage for 126 countries.
“We are excited to deliver new global map updates that support navigation, geocoding and other location-based services.”
“TomTom continues to expand its global map footprint with the addition of more than half a million kilometres of roads,” said Charles Cautley, Managing Director of TomTom Maps. “We are excited to deliver new global map updates that support navigation, geocoding and other location-based services.”
Global map enhancements include:
- The launch of navigable, turn-by-turn maps for Albania and Senegal.
- Debut of Pedestrian Maps for Berlin, London, New York, San Francisco, and Toronto featuring pedestrian-specific geometry, such as footpaths, garden paths and forms of way that are not accessible by car.
- Introduction of Address Points to enable better geocoding and navigation in Andorra, Denmark, Hong Kong, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia and Switzerland.
- The Addition of 10 million Address Points across Europe, bringing total regional coverage to 58 million.
- Extension of Voice Maps to 30 million names and over 40 million phonetic transcriptions, resulting in an improved spoken navigation experience.
For more information, visit www.tomtom.com.
TomTom (TOM2) empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. Best known for being a global leader in navigation and mapping products, TomTom also creates GPS Sport Watches, as well as state-of-the-art fleet management solutions and industry leading location based products.
Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,000 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 43 countries.