Rand McNally Releases Game-Changing “TND™ Tablet” for Professional Drivers
SKOKIE, Ill., Feb. 9, 2015 – Answering professional drivers’ calls for “one device that does it all,” today Rand McNally launched the TND™ Tablet – marrying its advanced TND™ truck GPS device with an Android tablet pre-loaded with trucking applications and access to the Android marketplace.
Priced affordably, the in-cab device is designed to serve drivers on the road, in their mobile offices, and with their lives in general. The TND™ Tablet brings together solutions drivers need while operating their vehicles – such as truck-specific routing, mileage tracking, and an on-board dash cam – plus pre-loaded applications to help manage the business of driving – such as document scanning, load matching, and book-keeping assistance. And, since the device is on the Android platform, it enables drivers to check email, keep up with social media, and download entertainment – all on a sharp, eight-inch screen.
Rand McNally’s revolutionary TND™ Tablet is the single device for the truck, for business, and for life off-duty.
“Our goal was to create an indispensible tool for professional truck drivers,” said Stephen Fletcher, CEO of Rand McNally. “The all-new device is able to handle the critical needs of drivers on the road – from award-winning navigation to business management, entertainment, and connections to home.”
The rugged, yet sleek TND™ Tablet provides all the features and functionality of the IntelliRoute® TND™ GPS. In addition, the Android platform has opened a myriad of ways to utilize the device – for the driver’s truck, business, and life.
For one’s truck while on the road, the TND™ Tablet offers:
- Award-winning IntelliRoute® TND™ truck-specific navigation software,
- Rand McNally’s TripMaker® planning tool that allows drivers to create a trip on the tablet and then push the route to the TND™ on the tablet for routing,
- An eBook edition of Rand McNally’s #1-selling Motor Carriers’ Road Atlas,
- An onboard dash cam that records video of the road ahead,
- An option to use the tablet for E-logs, when paired with Rand McNally’s HD 100.*
For one’s business, the TND™ Tablet includes apps from industry-known providers, each with special Rand McNally-only offerings:
- Fuel Manager, from Let’s Truck – an easy, efficient, tank-by-tank tracking of fueling costs (including partials) and mileage. This app helps drivers learn how to improve their trucks’ fuel performance.
- Profit Gauges, from Let’s Truck – the easiest accounting/bookkeeping system for owner-operators and company drivers alike includes overview screens for a quick business assessment, profit and loss statements, month end and tax reporting.
- Truck It Smart’s load board – allows real-time access for posting and searching loads or trucks. A proven, powerful and easy-to-use tool, this online freight-matching solution helps simplify logistics and increase profitability for shippers, brokers, and truckers.
- TRANSFLO Mobile+ — provides a one-stop solution to speed cash flow and optimize communications between carriers, brokers and drivers by allowing scanning and submission of documents on the go (including accident and claims documents) using the tablet’s built-in camera.
For one’s life, Wi-Fi® connectivity allows drivers to access additional applications in the Rand McNally market, check e-mail, and download movies and entertainment for use when off-duty.
The device itself features:
- A magnetic, commercial-grade powered mount with an additional GPS antenna, ensuring that the navigation experience is superior. Rugged enough for the in-cab environment, the mount is magnetic, allowing for the TND™ Tablet to easily be removed for use at a truckstop, home, or in the sleeping berth.
- Rand McNally’s largest and brightest high definition screen yet – an 8” screen with pinch and zoom functionality.
- Compatibility with rear or side-view camera (sold separately).
Priced at $499.99 U.S., the TND™ Tablet is available at retail truck stops and travel centers, and select online outlets. For more information visit www.randmcnally.com/tndtablet.
* HD 100 is sold separately, and requires a monthly service plan.
About Rand McNally – Rand McNally is the country’s most trusted source for maps, navigation, and travel content. For more than 75 years, Rand McNally has been an innovator in the Commercial Transportation market – from providing mileage and routing software, to truck navigation and E-Logs to mobile fleet management solutions. Learn more at randmcnally.com.