Samsung Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge U.S. Pre-Orders Begin March 27; Available Nationwide April 10 – Reimagined from the ground up, the next big thing is almost here, delivering Samsung’s most powerful smartphone experience
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (Samsung), the No. 1 global smartphone manufacturer1, today announced the Galaxy S® 6 and Galaxy S® 6 edge will be available in the U.S. beginning April 10, with pre-orders starting March 27. Blending elegant, sophisticated design and high-power performance, the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge deliver to consumers and businesses an unmatched mobile experience.
“We have completely reimagined the Galaxy experience from the ground up by listening to what matters most to our customers”
“We have completely reimagined the Galaxy experience from the ground up by listening to what matters most to our customers,” said Gregory Lee, president and CEO of Samsung Electronics North America Headquarters. “The Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge are more than just beautiful – they’re better. We’ve improved the smartphone essentials – camera, battery, display – and redesigned the phone experience so our consumer and business users are empowered to do more.”
In the U.S., the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge will be available in Black Sapphire, White Pearl and Gold Platinum — in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB2 memory options. AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular and Verizon Wireless will carry both the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge, while Boost Mobile, Cricket Wireless and MetroPCS will carry the Galaxy S 6. Samsung Experience Shops at Best Buy, as well as Amazon.com, Costco Wholesale, Inc., Sam’s Club, Target and Walmart will also carry the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge. Carriers and retailers will confirm specific pricing and availability.
The Samsung Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge embody the best of form and function – packing incredible performance and features consumers and business users care most about into a beautifully sleek frame.
- Premium Materials: A unibody design blends beauty and durability, featuring Corning® Gorilla Glass® 4 and an aluminum frame so it’s durable enough to withstand everyday life.
- Advanced Camera: Intuitive front- and rear-facing cameras allow consumers to snap high-quality photos, no matter the lighting situation, and quickly capture any moment, anywhere.
- Battery Management: Power management essentials create peace of mind for users so there is no need to worry about battery life. With built-in wireless charging, users can quickly and conveniently charge their phone on almost any wireless charging platform (charging pad sold separately). Fast Charging gives users up to four hours of battery life with a 10 minute charge and a 50 percent charge in about half an hour. Ultra Power Saving Mode affords users up to 24 hours of talk and text time when the battery is at 10 percent3.
- Advanced Technology: Equipped with an advanced processor and display, the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge elevate productivity and deliver an exceptional entertainment experience.
- Business-Ready: With Samsung Knox, the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge are secure and protected right out of the box. With wide support for MDM partners and Knox enhancements enabled at launch, IT administrators can simplify deployment and device management.
- Dual Edge: The Galaxy S 6 edge breaks the traditional conventions of smartphone design to deliver the world’s first dual-edge smartphone. The edge display adds features unique to the curved design, including People Edge and information tickers so users can easily and discreetly view news updates and messaging notifications.
- Samsung’s Milk Services: Both the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge will come preloaded on select carriers* with Samsung’s streaming entertainment apps, Milk Music™, powered by Slacker, and Milk Video™.
Consumers can get an exclusive first look at the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge beginning March 27 at participating AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and U.S. Cellular stores in addition to Samsung Experience Shops at Best Buy. A list of participating locations is available atwww.samsung.com/galaxys6preview.
Samsung Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge Product Specifications:
|Galaxy S 6||Galaxy S 6 edge|
|Network||LTE Cat.6 (300/50Mbps)|
|Display||5.1’’ Quad HD (2560×1440), 577ppi, Super AMOLED||5.1’’ Quad HD (2560×1440), 577ppi, Super AMOLED, Dual edge|
14nm 64-bit Octa-core processor (with Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz cores)
|OS||Android 5.0 (Lollipop)|
|Camera||Rear Camera: 16MP OIS
Quick Launch, Tracking Auto Focus, Auto Real-time HDR, F1.9, Low Light Video, Advanced 8x Zoom, IR Detect White Balance, Virtual Shot, Slow Motion, Fast Motion, Pro Mode, Selective Focus, Panorama
|Front Camera: 5MP
Quick Launch, Auto Real-time HDR, F1.9, Low Light Video
|Video||MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM, VP9|
|Audio||Audio Codec: MP3, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, OPUS|
|Audio Format: MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA|
Ultra Power Saving Mode, Download Booster, S Health 4.04, Smart Manager, Microsoft Apps (OneDrive, OneNote, Skype), SoundAlive+, Themes, Quick Connect, Private Mode, S Finder, S Voice, Adapt Sound , Galaxy Talkback, Universal Switch
|Connectivity||WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), HT80 MIMO (2×2) 620Mbps, Dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Mobile hotspot
Bluetooth®: v4.1, A2DP, LE, apt-X, ANT+
Fingerprint, HRM4 (heart rate, SpO2 and stress measurement), Accelerometer, Light, Gyroscope, Proximity, Compass, Barometer, Hall, UV
|Memory||RAM: 3GB, LPDDR4
Internal Memory2: 32/64/128GB, UFS 2.0
OneDrive: Free 115GB for 2 years
|Wireless Charging||Qi (WPC1.1) & PMA (PMA 1.0) compatible|
|Dimension||143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8mm, 138g||142.1 x 70.1 x 7.0mm, 132g|
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies, redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems and semiconductors. We are also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Digital Health and Smart Home initiatives. We employ 307,000 people across 84 countries. To discover more, please visit our official website at www.samsung.com and our official blog at global.samsungtomorrow.com.