Revenue of $400 Million, Up 253% Year-Over-Year Non-GAAP EPS of $0.21 Up from $0.09 a Year Earlier
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Fitbit, Inc. (NYSE:FIT), the leader in the connected health and fitness market, today announced financial results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2015.
“Reconciliation of GAAP to Non-GAAP Financial Measures”
“Our second quarter results included our highest quarterly revenue in the eight-year history of Fitbit,” said James Park, Fitbit co-founder and CEO. “In the quarter, we introduced new features and services, expanded brand awareness, increased global distribution and further penetrated the corporate wellness market. We remain focused on continuing to deliver innovative products and services that empower people around the world to reach their health and fitness goals.”
Second Quarter 2015 Financial Summary
|Three Months Ended
|Six Months Ended
In thousands, except percentages and per share amounts
|Diluted net income per share|
* For information regarding the non-GAAP financial measures, see “Non-GAAP Financial Measures” and “Reconciliation of GAAP to Non-GAAP Financial Measures” below.
Second Quarter 2015 and Recent Fitbit Highlights
- Sold 4.5 million connected health and fitness devices in the second quarter of 2015
- International revenue increased 250% year-over-year for the second quarter of 2015, driven by EMEA and APAC year-over-year revenue growth of 301% and 292%, respectively, for the second quarter of 2015
- Released an update to the Fitbit Surge, enabling GPS bike tracking
- Redesigned Fitbit mobile experience, including the visual redesign of the daily activity graphs for iPhone, Android and Windows Phones
- Expanded partnership with Tory Burch
- Teamed up with Kellogg’s, showcasing Fitbit Flex on 20 million packages nationwide
- Entered into Corporate Wellness agreements with Geico, Sutter Health, Transunion, Quicken Loans, and several financial institutions. To date, we have signed over 50 of the Fortune 500 companies to our Corporate Wellness offerings
Webcast and Conference Call Information
Fitbit management will host a conference call and live webcast for analysts and investors today at 2 p.m. Pacific Time (5 p.m. Eastern Time) to discuss Fitbit’s financial results.
To listen to the live conference call, please dial toll free or , access code 1660528, approximately 15 minutes prior to the start of the call. A live webcast of the conference call will be accessible on the “IR Events & Presentations” section of Fitbit’s website at https://investor.fitbit.com. To access the live webcast, please log in 15 minutes prior to the start of the call to download and install any necessary audio software. The webcast will be recorded and the recording will be available on Fitbit’s website, https://investor.fitibit.com, approximately two hours after the call and for six months thereafter.
About Fitbit, Inc. (NYSE:FIT)
Fitbit helps people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals. As the leader in the connected health and fitness category, Fitbit designs products and experiences that track everyday health and fitness. Fitbit’s diverse line of award-winning products includes Fitbit Surge, Fitbit Charge HR, Fitbit Charge, Fitbit Flex, Fitbit Zip and Fitbit One activity trackers, as well as the Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale. Fitbit products are carried in over 45,000 retail stores and in more than 50 countries.
Fitbit, the Fitbit logo, Fitbit Surge, Fitbit Charge HR, Fitbit Charge, Fitbit Flex, Fitbit One, Fitbit Zip, PurePulse, MobileRun, Aria and FitStar are trademarks, service marks and/or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the United States and in other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product names used herein are the property of their respective owners. FIT-F.