Galaxy Tab S2: Samsung’s Most Powerful Tablet Yet
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today announced the U.S. release of the Galaxy Tab S2, its thinnest, lightest, ultra-fast tablet. Blending form and function, elegant design and multitasking power, Galaxy Tab S2 is the new flagship in Samsung’s line of tablets—and the ultimate device for experiencing and sharing digital content. From the creators of Samsung’s award-winning televisions and large-screen smartphones, the Galaxy Tab S2 is available for preorder starting today and will be available at select U.S. retailers and carriers beginning September 3.
“We set out to make the Galaxy Tab S2 the most powerful tablet we’ve ever created”
“We set out to make the Galaxy Tab S2 the most powerful tablet we’ve ever created,” said Gary Riding, senior vice president, Mobile Computing at Samsung Electronics America. “The Tab S2 seamlessly integrates with the Samsung device family and simplifies the connected lifestyle of our consumers. It also reflects our commitment to listen to and learn from consumer feedback, giving Samsung users even more of what they love.”
With a Super AMOLED display that delivers vivid, deep and rich colors that bring digital content to life, as well as expandable memory options with 32GB of storage as standard, the Galaxy Tab S2 packs a vast array of features into a slim, stylish and featherweight design. With the Galaxy Tab S2, users will have no trouble taking command of their digital lifestyle, whether on the couch or on the go.
Display and Design
The Galaxy Tab S2 comes in the world’s thinnest and lightest metal frame of its size, highlighted by a vivid display in a sleek form factor. It features:
- Super AMOLED Display: A stunning Super AMOLED display showcases all forms of digital content with striking clarity and sharpness. The 4:3 aspect ratio makes printed content fit more naturally on a digital canvas for a more enjoyable reading experience—whether it’s a website, e-book or digital magazine—and advanced screen technologies such as Adaptive Display automatically adjust screen settings to deliver stunning images.
- Incredibly slim form factor: With a profile of just 5.6mm for both the 9.7-inch and 8.0-inch versions, the Galaxy Tab S2 is Samsung’s thinnest tablet yet, fully 16 percent thinner than its predecessor.
- Amazingly lightweight: Thanks to its slim design, the Galaxy Tab S2 weighs in at a scarcely believable 9.4 oz.* (8.0-inch) and 13.8 oz.* (9.7-inch).
- Ample storage options: 32GB of standard memory—expandable up to a spacious 128GB—means users can easily take all of their apps, photo and video content wherever they go.
Efficiency and Processing Power
The compact Galaxy Tab S2 also packs a punch, making multitasking and staying productive easier than ever. Whether at home, on the road or in the office, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 empowers connected users to manage their lives directly from their tablet. Among other technologies are:
- Octa-core processor: Blazing processor speeds make toggling through multiple apps and streaming video content lag-free.
- Multi-Window and Pop-Up Window: Multi-Window lets users easily split the screen and run two apps simultaneously. Pop-Up Window allows for quick movement between multiple apps without missing a beat.
- Microsoft Office on-the-go: The Galaxy Tab S2 comes equipped and preloaded with Microsoft Office Solutions** for creating, editing, or sharing documents away from home—meaning users can be productive anywhere.
- Fingerprint Scanner: The patented fingerprint scanner incorporates an advanced security sensor, keeping content secure while letting users quickly and easily access their device by simply touching the home key.
- Content for You: Stay informed with a free three-month Next Issue subscription and pre-loaded content from CNN.
The Galaxy Tab S2 is designed as the center of consumers’ connected lives. Key benefits include:
- SideSync 4.0: Easily connect the Galaxy Tab S2 to a Samsung mobile phone or PC, and instantly turn the tablet into a centralized and intuitive command device with no limitations. Users can open and share calendars, messages, notes, and other files across all of their devices. They can instantly drag and drop photos from the Tab S2 to a phone—or answer a phone call right from the tablet’s screen.
- Quick Connect: Cut the cord clutter using Quick Connect to easily search for and connect to nearby compatible Samsung devices, from cameras to printers to friends’ devices. Transfer files, use the Tab S2 as a remote camera viewfinder, or mirror what’s on the tablet on a television screen—no wires necessary.
- Stream TV content directly to the tablet: Using proprietary Bluetooth technology, the Galaxy Tab S2 allows users to stream content directly from a compatible Samsung TV, even when the TV is turned off.
- Third party messaging app support: Through SideSync technology, the Tab S2 offers third-party app support so that conversations from various messaging apps can be pushed from a phone to the tablet, even when the devices are in separate rooms.
The Galaxy Tab S2 is available in a variety of configurations to allow consumers to select the device best for them and can be pre-ordered at Samsung.com, Amazon.com and Best Buy. Samsung is working with these retailers to offer a limited time tablet bonus trade-in offer when customers trade-in their existing, qualifying tablets to receive $100 or more off the purchase of a Tab S2.
Size, storage, colors and price:
- WiFi only: 9.7-inch, 32GB (MSRP: $499.99) and 8.0-inch (MSRP: $399.99). Color options: Black, White and Gold.
- WiFi and LTE: 9.7-inch, 32GB. Color options: Black – AT&T, Sprint, US Cellular, T-Mobile; White – Verizon. Carriers will confirm specific pricing and availability.