Same-day Support for Android Marshmallow Powered through Android for Work Innovations
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario — September 30, 2015 — SOTI Inc., the world’s leading provider of Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) solutions, today announced support for the new Android Marshmallow operating system. SOTI’s initial support for Android Marshmallow focuses on attributes that benefit enterprise customers through the Android for Work framework.
“Android Marshmallow removes many of the speed bumps and IT security hurdles for Android use in the enterprise,” said Carl Rodrigues, SOTI CEO. “With the overwhelming growth of mobile devices expanding in the workplace, making the latest technology easier to manage and secure will significantly reduce the additional costs and work IT will undeniably incur, and deliver a better end user experience.”
Among its new features, Android Marshmallow offers enhanced security, easier setup of Android for Work for IT administrators, and enhanced control for kiosks, digital signage, and mobile point-of-sale devices.
SOTI’s MobiControl support for Android Marshmallow will allow businesses to take advantage of the following key features:
- The silent install/uninstall of apps without user interaction enables one-step provisioning and app updates for line-of-business applications, all managed through the mobile device management console.
- Simplified setup for IT administrators around VPNs, certificate management, apps, and permissions. This enhances the already available options for out-of-the box provisioning.
- Improved security offers options including fingerprint authentication and safe boot for compatible Android Marshmallow devices.
- App permission control set up from the mobile device management console allows administrators to set and lock app permissions for any application.
- Improved over-the-air system update management allows devices to be configured to auto-accept Android OS updates without user interaction. This feature allows updates to be postponed for up to 30 days, allowing systems administrators to schedule updates for the time that works best for them.
SOTI’s extensive management experience working with Android solutions for enterprise mobility provides powerful security and management features designed to secure devices without disrupting the user experience. With SOTI MobiControl, enterprises can control precisely how their Android-based devices are used, and how data is accessed, ensuring sensitive corporate information is kept in authorized hands only.
For further information about SOTI’s support for Android Marshmallow through the Android for Work platform, please visit our SOTI blog (http://www.soti.net/android-m-blog-post/). For more information about Android for Work managed by SOTI, visit www.soti.net/androidforwork.
About SOTI Inc.
SOTI is the world’s most trusted provider of Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions, with more than 15,000 enterprise customers and millions of devices managed worldwide. SOTI’s innovative portfolio of solutions and services provide the tools organizations need to truly mobilize their operations and optimize their mobility investments. SOTI’s flagship product, MobiControl, allows enterprises to enable, optimise and secure their mobile workforce across all platforms to support corporate-liable and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies. SOTI extends secure mobility management beyond basic MDM to provide a total, flexible solution for comprehensive management and security of all mobile devices deployed in an organisation. For more information, visit www.soti.net.