Magellan RoadMate RC9496T-LMB Integrated with Position Logic Location Based Platform Provides Advanced GPS Tracking and Now Available for Position Logic Customers
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Oct. 12, 2015 — Magellan is pleased to announce the integration of its RoadMate RC9496T-LMB fleet navigation device with Position Logic’s advanced GPS tracking software solution. This partnership allows Position Logic service providers to leverage all Magellan RoadMate RC9496T-LMB devices. The RoadMate RC9496T-LMB, a 7-inch Android GPS fleet navigation device, is available now to current and prospective Magellan and Position Logic customers. Position Logic, a division of KORE, provides precision location-based services for business-to-business applications.
The Magellan and Position Logic integration delivers a powerful and seamless end-to-end communication and navigation solution for fleets. The solution includes the RC9496T-LMB, an active mobile terminal, allowing real-time two-way communication between driver and dispatch when paired with Position Logic’s GPS tracking software. Send and receive important information to immediately identify driver status including route-receipt, in-route or on-scene, and deliver real-time messages to improve driver productivity. The solution delivers critical information for field service fleets, emergency services, roadside assistance and many more applications.
“Position Logic is an innovative technology leader in the location based services space. We are pleased to partner with them and offer the Magellan RC9496T-LMB to Position Logic customers,” said Stig Pedersen, associate vice president of product management for Magellan. “The combination of our two services delivers a highly efficient and flexible way for dispatchers to communicate with drivers in real-time, saving time, money and frustration.”
The RC9496T-LMB is also connected to Magellan’s SmartGPS Eco cloud, providing drivers and fleet managers with customizable time and money saving content such as: real-time fuel price information, weather and truck speed limit warnings.
“We are pleased to have the RoadMate RC9496T-LMB integrated. The Magellan integration further complements our Workflow/Dispatch module; improving communication between the dispatcher and driver and enhanced stop management,” said Felix Lluberes, executive vice president, advanced applications, KORE. “I am certain our service providers will be able to leverage the device and deliver more comprehensive services.”
The RoadMate RC9496T-LMB provides drivers with a host of truck navigation features. These include:
- Customizable Truck Route sets up vehicle profile and calculates routes based on height, weight, width, length, and hazmat restrictions; it guides users according to their route preferences and vehicle profile.
- Highway Lane Assist helps when navigating complex highway interchanges, ensuring that a driver stays on the correct roadway.
- Junction View displays a realistic image of the road and highway signs to help guide drivers to the correct lane that the vehicle needs to be in for safe merging and exiting.
- Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts sent directly to their GPS unit, lets users plan more precise travel times and ETAs by avoiding traffic jams and other delays.
- Landmark Guidance gives users an easier way to navigate to their destinations by telling them to turn at familiar landmarks, such as gas stations, stores or other large, easily-seen places instead of only street names that may be hard to locate and/or read.
- Multiple-Stop Routing lets drivers plan their trip with multiple stops in the order they want or automatically optimizes for the most efficient route, helping to save time and money.
- Exit POIs indicate where truck stops, food, lodging, rest areas, and weigh stations are located at an approaching exit.
- Integrated Bluetooth® 4.0 wireless technology allows drivers to safely talk hands free on compatible Bluetooth phones.
The Magellan Android Fleet application is also fleet protocol-support ready. The application is included with the RoadMate RC9496T-LMB as well as available separately for use on fleet-ready Android devices. A few of the protocols supported include:
- Text message protocols for sending and receiving messages between the driver and office
- Driving status reporting of Hours of Service (HOS) and state mileage for IFTA fuel logging
- Automatic On Board Recording (AOBRD)
- Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) protocols and up-to-the-minute vehicle location status protocols
- Multi-destination protocols that allow the office to send up to 12 destinations to the driver
- Destination protocols to receive and display new stops sent from the office
Pricing and Availability
The Magellan RoadMate RC9496T-LMB is available now at www.magellangps.com. It has an MSRP of $399.
About KORE/Position Logic
KORE (www.koretelematics.com) is a leading provider of wireless data solutions to the machine-to-machine (M2M) industry. The company lives by its mantra to ‘make it easy’ by providing support for companies to build, manage and enhance wireless M2M applications. KORE can assemble a flexible, end-to-end M2M wireless connectivity solution for its partners – including delivering custom rate plans, tailored billing solutions and customized wireless connectivity as well as helping them brand their M2M applications and delivering 24/7 customer service. Among its numerous awards, KORE has been recognized with a Stevie® Award from the American Business Awards as 2012’s “Most Innovative Tech Company” and as the “Entrepreneurial Company of the Year” by Frost and Sullivan.
Headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, MiTAC Digital Corporation, manufacturer of the Magellan (www.magellangps.com) brand of portable GPS navigation devices, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MiTAC International Corporation. Magellan, the industry leader for innovative GPS navigation devices since 1986, globally markets award-winning products in multiple categories including auto, RV, commercial, outdoor, fitness and mobile. Continuing its spirit of innovation, Magellan is developing new cloud-based technologies, wearables, OEM, and B-to-B solutions to meet the changing needs of today’s consumers.