OriginGPS’ New Family of Products, Beginning with the Multi Micro Hornet (ORG1510-MK) Module, Adds MediaTek Functionality to Offer Impeccable Performance, Tiny Size and Rapid Update Rate Ideal for Action Sports Cameras and Wearables
AIRPORT CITY, Israel & HSINCHU CITY, Taiwan– OriginGPS today announced the launch of a new family of products, the first of which is the ORG1510-MK, the world’s smallest fully integrated multi-GNSS (GPS, Glonass and BeiDou) module. The miniature low-power architecture supports an update rate of up to 10Hz and contains onboard flash, making it the perfect GNSS component for devices that require fully-featured components with small footprints, such as UAVs designed to follow action sports and other fast-moving activities or wearables.
.@OriginGPSLTD adds @MediaTek functionality to make “Mini and Mighty” chips even mightier – ideal for action sports cameras and #wearables
The ORG1510-MK contains the MediaTek MT3333 chip, which supports the fastest update position calculation rate of all leading modules. The chip also contains an onboard flash memory that does not erase when power is off. It consumes very little power with the use of both standby mode and backup mode, and, in advanced applications, a periodic mode that can turn the device on and off when in backup or standby.
“The inclusion of MediaTek has enabled the creation of the most powerful GPS module on the market,” said Gal Jacobi, CEO of OriginGPS. “The ORG1510-MK’s tremendously fast update rate, low power consumption, miniature size and reliable accuracy makes it possible to track life’s most exciting and fast-paced activities without delay, battery drain, or clunky devices. It will be a meaningful engine of growth for OriginGPS in Asia Pacific and globally.”
Several key features of the New Multi Micro Hornet include:
- Rapid update rate and superior memory – The Multi Micro Hornet boasts an update rate of up to 10Hz and onboard flash, supporting a significantly higher accuracy than the standard update rate of 1Hz and low power consumption due to the module’s ability to store hours of data.
- Smallest size, highest performance – Despite the Multi Micro Hornet’s tiny size of 10×10 mm and height of 6.1 mm, the module offers superior sensitivity and outstanding performance, achieving rapid Time To First Fix (TTFF) of less than one second, accuracy within as little as one meter, and sensitivity at an industry leading -165dBm two constellations simultaneously.
- High sensitivity and noise immunity – The ORG1510-MK continues to leverage OriginGPS’ patented and proprietary Noise Free Zone NFZ™ technology to ensure high sensitivity and noise immunity even under marginal signal conditions.
- Continuous connectivity with minimal power consumption – The low power consumption modes aided by MediaTek include a standby mode, during which the RF and baseband enter low power mode, and backup mode, during which the internal PMU turns off and only keeps the VRTC domain alive. For advanced applications, the module can periodically turn its operation on and off when in backup or standby mode.
- An intelligent design that shortens time to market – The Hornet family of GPS / GNSS antenna modules integrates a GNSS receiver and patch antenna in a single module. As a cornerstone of the OriginGPS portfolio, the ORG1510-MK pin-to-pin compatibility with the Micro and Nano Hornet modules ensures a seamless migration from GPS to GNSS and gives developers the ability to create new product offerings in the shortest time to market while minimizing costly design risks. Developers can simply connect it to a power source on a single layer PCB to begin integrating it into their designs.
“MT3333 was the world’s first 5-in-1 multi-constellation Global Navigation Satellite System chipset. It features excellent signal acquisition performance and tracking sensitivity, combined with superior noise immunity,” said Chet Babla, Senior Director, Corporate Sales EMEA at MediaTek. “With the lowest power consumption in the industry, our highly integrated multi-GNSS solution, together with OriginGPS’s Noise-Free Zone System, will enable ultra-compact designs for a wide range of applications, such as wearables and the Internet of Things.”
Additionally, the ORG1510-MK module combines OriginGPS’ proprietary low-profile GNSS antenna with a dual-stage LNA, RF LDO, SAW filter, TCXO, RTC crystal and RF shield.
- For more information on the ORG1510-MK, click here.
- To find out where to buy OriginGPS’ GPS / GNSS solutions, click here.
- To find out more about MediaTek solutions, click here.
- Follow OriginGPS on LinkedIn.
OriginGPS, GPS Antenna Module, GPS, GLONASS, GNSS, BeiDou, Navigation
OriginGPS is a world-leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of miniaturized GNSS modules (“Spider” family), antenna modules (“Hornet” family) and antenna solutions. OriginGPS introduces unparalleled sensitivity and noise immunity by incorporating its proprietary Noise Free Zone technology for faster position fix and navigation stability even under challenging satellite signal conditions.
About MediaTek Inc.
MediaTek is a pioneering fabless semiconductor company, and a market leader in cutting-edge systems on a chip for wireless communications and connectivity, HDTV, DVD and Blu-ray. MediaTek created the world’s first octa-core smartphone platform with LTE and our CorePilot™ technology releasing the full power of multi-core mobile processors. Through MediaTek Labs™, the company is creating a worldwide ecosystem in support of device creation, application development and services based around MediaTek offerings. With an emphasis on enabling technology for the masses and not the chosen, everyone can be an Everyday Genius. MediaTek [TSE:2454] is headquartered in Taiwan and has offices worldwide. Please visit www.mediatek.com for more information.