Motorola Solutions’ SRX 2200 two-way radio is specially designed for missions requiring highly confidential, secure voice and data communications
- Radio is compliant with U.S. Department of Defense and Federal Information Security standards, allowing for deployment in the most sensitive operations
- The radio’s characteristic coyote brown color is an advantage for soldiers when it comes to camouflaging themselves
- The radio also has exclusive tactical voice and data features that allow safe and reliable remote communications
MIAMI – Nov. 26, 2015 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) is launching in Latin America and the Caribbean the professional SRX 2000 two-way radio designed around military requirements and with unique characteristics that make it ideal for any mission in the line of fire.
Soldiers, regardless of location, challenging topographies or absence of communication networks, can rely on the SRX 2200 combat radio, which features a full set of tactical voice and data capabilities to support operations.
Its exclusive coyote brown color is ideal when soldiers need to camouflage themselves, and it is designed to meet the most demanding military standards and to exceed the International Protection IP67 ratings for dust and water protection. The radio features enhanced coverage and improved audio quality compared to other radios in its class, allowing every order to be heard clearly and understood.
Combat-tested for military forces, the SRX2200 has big and easy to use controls and innovative applications like usage profile for night-vision goggles. It is compatible with earlier versions of all Motorola Solutions radio systems for critical missions and is Project 25 (P25) compliant.
Ernesto Gonzalez, sr. business development manager at Motorola Solutions, said: “Military operations in the line of fire require communication solutions with features that provide troops the communication and confidentiality they need to carry out their complex missions. The SRX 2200 is an advanced communication solution with unparalleled capabilities to help soldiers wherever they are.”
Additional features of the SRX 2200:
- This radio offers unique tactical security functions, such as individual location information (ILI), text messaging between radios, tactical over-the-air rekeying (OTAR), and tactical radio inhibit to remotely disable radios.
- Over-the-air programming (OTAP) makes it possible to change any of the programming parameters on the device, including the possibility of enabling or disabling the radio.
- The radio has Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 Level 3 encryption, meaning it provides secure voice and data communications between the leader and troops.
- It is highly water resistant and can be submerged in 2 meters of water for up to two hours.
- The multi-unit charger enables users to charge the radio at higher temperatures than standard chargers – a capability imperative in desert conditions.
- The SRX 2200 combines Motorola Solutions’ experience in Integrated Intra-Squad Radios (IISR) with the powerful performance and easy-to-use ergonomics of the advanced APX™ portables.
More information can be found here regarding the SRX 2200.