Product Showcase to Feature EXTreme Power™ and Other Key Products for UAV/UAS Makers
LISLE, Ill.-Molex will feature a product showcase of innovative UAV/UAS solutions in booth 926 at XPONENTIAL 2016, the industry’s largest trade show, to be held at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans May 2 – 5. The show is sponsored by the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI).
“Commercial UAV/UAS manufacturers are transitioning from hobbyist-style wired battery connections to more elegant, compact, robust and higher-reliability board-to-board, wire-to-wire and wire-to-board connectors”
“Commercial UAV/UAS manufacturers are transitioning from hobbyist-style wired battery connections to more elegant, compact, robust and higher-reliability board-to-board, wire-to-wire and wire-to-board connectors,” said Jeff Torres, global product manager, Molex. “We have a complete product set to offer this rapidly growing industry. For example, the compact size and high current density of EXTreme Power™ products make them a proven, reliable solution for battery-cartridge applications, and the Fit Families of Molex connectors offer a great fit for rotor applications. Also, Molex is developing new products designed specifically for the UAV/UAS industry.”
Molex EXTreme Power connectors, which will be displayed at booth 926, are ideal for next-gen commercial UAV battery applications. The line includes:
- EXTreme LPHPower™ System, which offers 30.0A per contact at +30ºC T-rise and a 7.50mm connector-profile height while facilitating optimum airflow in the battery cartridge. Its hybrid power and signal circuit layout, with integrated alignment guides, conforms to a variety of electrical requirements.
- EXTreme Ten60Power™ System, which provides 30.0A and 60.0A per contact at +30ºC T-rise and enhances design flexibility with both low- and high-power contacts in a configurable design.
- EXTreme EnergetiC™ System, which provides 50.0A and 100.0A per contact at +30ºC T-rise and enhances design flexibility with both low- and high-power contacts in a configurable design.
- EXTreme PowerMass™ System, which offers 40.0A, 80.0A, and 150.0A per contact at +30ºC T-rise and maximizes power delivery from the battery via extremely high-current blades.
Other Molex products to be featured in booth 926 include Ultra-Fit™ and Mega-Fit® Power Connectors, which deliver cutting-edge current density at 14.0A and 23.0A per circuit respectively; the PicoBlade™ Connector System for high-density harness applications; and Micro-USB, a USB Shielded I/O Cable Assembly.
For more information on these and other UAV/UAS solutions, please visit: Commercial Unmanned Aerial Vehicle/System (UAV/UAS) Battery-Cartridge Connectors.
Molex brings together innovation and technology to deliver electronic solutions to customers worldwide. With a presence in more than 40 countries, Molex offers a full suite of solutions and services for many markets, including data communications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle and medical. For more information, please visit www.molex.com.
- Learn more about Molex at www.molex.com
- Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors
- Watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors
- Connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors
- Read our blog at www.connector.com.
Molex is a registered trademark of Molex, LLC in the United States of America and may be registered in other jurisdictions.