Panasonic’s latest ATEX Zone 2 certified fully rugged Windows tablet designed for versatile mobile computing in potentially explosive industries
The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 ATEX tablet delivers even longer battery life and more computing power for chemical, oil and gas workers
BRACKNELL, UK. 30th JANUARY 2018 Panasonic today announced the latest version of its popular ATEX certified, 10.1 inch fully rugged Windows tablet with up to 14 hours battery life and even more computing power. The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 ATEX tablet has been certified for above ground, Zone 2 Working Space use in potentially explosive environments*, such as the chemicals, oil and gas industries.
The rugged tablet can be used for a wide range of purposes by mobile workers, such as accessing Geo Information Systems, maintenance and installation projects, as well as workforce and asset management. Staff can connect to infrastructure and find problems quickly, check digital documents and drawings, order replacement parts online and be routed to the next job.
These operatives often have to work outside and need a device that can stand up to the elements, whether typing on the screen in the rain or reading the display in bright sunlight, or interacting with the device using a pen or when wearing gloves.
They also require access to all the digital information available from their office systems while out in the field and this Windows 10 Pro device with the high performance, 6th generation Intel Core i5-6300u vPro CPU processor provides wide ranging compatibility and connectivity options.
With up to 14 hours operating battery life and hot swappable battery capabilities, the Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 ATEX tablet can work in the field as long as required. Its comprehensive ecosystem of accessories and peripherals ensures the device can be used in any environment, whether docked in a vehicle or carried. And like the wider range of Panasonic fully rugged devices, the tablet is tested to stand up to extreme conditions with its MIL-STD 810G and IP65 ratings. With its flexible configuration options, the tablet can be equipped with a 2D barcode reader, GPS, micro SD, 2nd USB 2.0, wired LAN or a smart card reader. To ensure the device meets certification standards, Panasonic developed a special battery design for the tablet and incorporates the device in a purpose-built leather case.
“Panasonic has been designing and building ATEX compliant rugged mobile computing devices since the safety standard was introduced 14 years ago,” said Jan Kaempfer, General Manager for Marketing at Panasonic Computer Product Solutions. “This latest rugged tablet is our most versatile ATEX mobile device to date, ensuring mobile workers in these safety sensitive industries have access to the same levels of computing power, functionality and design that other workers have. This is an intrinsically safe device without having to compromise on functionality and flexibility.”
The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 ATEX tablet will be available from February 2018 and start at 3.028€ plus vat.
* Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 ATEX certifications:
- Ex II 3 G Ex ic ec IIB T3 Gc (with WWAN)
- Ex II 3 G Ex ic ec IIC T3 Gc (without WWAN)
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Panasonic System Communications Company Europe’s (PSCEU) goal is to improve the working lives of business professionals and help their organisations’ efficiency and performance through world leading technology. We help organisations capture, compute and communicate all sorts of information: image, voice, and textual data. With around 350 staff, engineering design expertise, global project management capability and a large European partner network, PSCEU offers unrivalled capability in its markets.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV offers high quality products and solutions to ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance to end-users in the areas of remote camera solutions, switchers, studio camera solutions and ENG P2. The VariCam line-up of professional digital video cameras are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) which makes them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offer world leading communication solutions including professional scanners, telephony systems and SIP terminal devices.
- Computer Product Solutions help mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, Toughpad business tablets and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic Toughbook had a 67% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and Panasonic Toughpad held a 56% revenue share of sales of rugged business tablets in 2016 (VDC Research, March 2017).
- Industrial Medical Vision provides applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM micro camera solutions. End-users, system integrators or distributors can choose from a range of full product solutions and component vision technology.
- Security Solutions, including video surveillance cameras and recorders, video intercom systems and intruder alarms.
- Visual System Solutions, including projectors and professional displays. Panasonic offers the widest range of Visual products, and leads the European high brightness projector market with a 37.20% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm (FY16 April 2015 – March 2016, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2018, the company has expanded globally and now operates 495 subsidiaries and 91 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 61.711 billion for the year ended March 31, 2017. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global