NFC Forum 2018 NFC Innovation Award Judges Announced
WAKEFIELD, Mass., USA – Feb. 1, 2018 – The NFC Forum unveiled today a slate of 15 judges for its 2018 NFC Innovation Awards representing a prestigious list of Near Field Communication technology (NFC) experts, business leaders, journalists and analysts. The awards recognize innovative NFC products, services and experiences worldwide. Nearly 100 entries were submitted to the annual award competition last year. The selected judges represent a wide array of market disciplines and technical expertise from Asia, Europe and North America. The NFC Forum is the world’s leading standards and advocacy association for NFC technology. Thinfilm is the 2018 NFC Innovation Awards Platinum Level Sponsor.
“We are fortunate to have such a prestigious and enthusiastic list of judges for the 2018 NFC Innovation Awards. They represent some of the technology industry’s leading lights and brightest minds involved in NFC,” said Paula Hunter, executive director, NFC Forum. “NFC Innovation Awards will be presented in three categories: Best In-Market Implementation; Best Emerging Concept and NFC for Good. The awards ceremony is scheduled to be held during the NFC Members Meeting at the Barbican Centre, London, UK on June 26, 2018.”
NFC Forum 2018 NFC Innovation Award Judges
- Namrta Bangia, Associate Director, Global Mass Transit, India
- Laurie Beaver, Research Analyst, Business Insider Intelligence, USA
- Bratindra Narayan Chakravorty, CEO, Rapid Transpay Pvt. Ltd., India
- Hsuan-hua Chang, CEO, Coach Seattle Inc., USA
- Lisa Seacat DeLuca, IBM Distinguished Engineer, IBM, USA
- Dean Anthony Gratton, Futurist and Columnist, Gratton Associates, United Kingdom
- Will Hernandez, Editor, Mobile Payments Today, USA
- Richard G. Hopf, CTO, Speech Code GmbH, Austria
- Ryan Martin, Principal Analyst, ABI Research, USA
- Prashant Mehta, Group Vice President, Sapient Razorfish, India
- Pierre Métivier¸ Founder, NET-7 Innovation, France
- Phil Sealy, Principal Analyst, ABI Research, United Kingdom
- Claire Swedberg, Senior Editor, RFID Journal, USA
- Vinnett Taylor, Head of IoT Sales, Telefónica O2 UK, United Kingdom
- Junko Yoshida, Chief International Correspondent, EE Times, Global
About the NFC Forum 2018 NFC Innovation Awards
Innovators, developers, entrepreneurs, start-ups and organizations using NFC in new, disruptive and pioneering ways can submit award entries showcasing their work for the chance to win in one of three award categories. The deadline for submissions is Friday, March 2, 2018, and the award program is open to NFC Forum member and non-member companies or organizations. Systems integrators, agencies and media brands submitting on behalf of their clients may also enter the awards. See last year’s winners here.
Finalists are invited to the award ceremony and receive two nights paid hotel room in London, an award trophy, global recognition and networking opportunities.
About the NFC Forum
The NFC Forum (www.nfc-forum.org) was launched as a non-profit industry association in 2004 by leading mobile communications, semiconductor, and consumer electronics companies. The Forum’s mission is to advance the use of Near Field Communication technology by developing specifications, ensuring interoperability among devices and services, and educating the market about NFC technology. The Forum’s global member companies are currently developing specifications for a modular NFC device architecture, and protocols for interoperable data exchange and device-independent service delivery, device discovery, and device capability. Only member companies can participate in the Forum’s certification program of NFC devices, readers and tags. The NFC Forum’s Sponsor members, which hold seats on the Board of Directors, include leading players in key industries around the world. The Sponsor members are: Apple Inc., Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd., Google, Inc., Infineon, Intel, Mastercard Worldwide, NXP Semiconductors, Qualcomm, Samsung, Sony Corporation, STMicroelectronics, and Visa Inc.
Follow the NFC Forum: