Enhanced support for iOS corporate-liable, COPE, and vertical line-of-business deployments strengthens iOS deployments in the enterprise
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario — September 9, 2015 — SOTI Inc., the world’s leading provider of Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) solutions, today announced launch-day support for iOS 9, allowing global enterprise customers to take advantage of the benefits of iOS 9 immediately within their business.
“SOTI continues to work closely with Apple to unleash advanced mobile management capabilities for our iOS customers who run some of the largest, most complex iOS deployments globally,” SOTI CEO Carl Rodrigues said. “With this latest release by Apple and same-day support for iOS 9, SOTI is pleased to be at the forefront of the continued mobilization of today’s enterprises.”
With SOTI MobiControl and iOS 9, optimized enrollment, configuration and application deployment make it easier for organizations to secure and manage iOS 9 devices. End users benefit from new productivity, privacy, and security features that allow them to work smarter. SOTI MobiControl provides IT administrators the ability to secure, manage, and optimize iOS devices with enhanced support for Apple enterprise programs including its Device Enrollment Program (DEP) and Volume Purchase Program (VPP).
Same-day support for iOS 9 in MobiControl will allow businesses to take advantage of the following key features included within Apple’s latest release:
- App network usage restrictions: Enforce app network restrictions to follow acceptable use policies and manage excessive carrier data usage.
- Management of pre-installed apps: Bring apps installed by device users under IT control and remove the requirement to manually uninstall/reinstall the app.
- App whitelisting: Install applications on managed devices even after the App Store is disabled, providing greater control over app deployment and limiting downloading of personal apps on corporate-liable iOS devices.
- Silent installation: Install enterprise apps silently over-the-air without device supervision, allowing for mandated use of specific apps on corporate-liable devices.
- Trusted app verification: Configure MobiControl to implicitly trust and install any applications from the developer without prompting the user to “trust” the app.
- Expanded Setup Assistant support: Tailor Setup Assistant UI screens to restrict configuration including Touch ID, Apple Pay, Zoom, Apple Watch pairing and Android Migration.
SOTI builds on its experience in iOS management with powerful security and management features designed to secure the device without disrupting the iOS user experience. With SOTI MobiControl iOS management, enterprises have granular control of how iOS devices are used, and how data is accessed to ensure sensitive corporate information is kept in authorized hands only.
For further information about SOTI’s support for iOS 9, please visit our SOTI blog (www.soti.net/ios9blog).
About SOTI Inc.
SOTI is the world’s most trusted provider of Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions, with more than 15,000 enterprise customers and millions of devices managed worldwide. SOTI’s innovative portfolio of solutions and services provide the tools organizations need to truly mobilize their operations and optimize their mobility investments. SOTI’s flagship product, MobiControl, allows enterprises to enable, optimize and secure their mobile workforce across all platforms to support corporate-liable and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies. SOTI extends secure mobility management beyond basic MDM to provide a total, flexible solution for comprehensive management and security of all mobile devices deployed in an organization.