Today we published the new market report Mobile Location-Based Services – 9th Edition which is a comprehensive report from Berg Insight analysing the latest developments on the LBS markets in all regions worldwide. This study provides you with 190 pages of unique business intelligence, including 5-year industry forecasts, expert commentary and real-life case studies on which to base your business decisions.
Berg Insight defines mobile location-based services (LBS) as applications and services that in some way utilise the geographic location of a handset. The increase in usage of LBS and the number of active users have also resulted in significant revenue growth, especially for leading players including Google, Facebook, Baidu, Tencent, Twitter and Yahoo! that together account for about 60 percent of global LBS revenues. Global LBS revenues are forecasted to grow from € 10.3 billion in 2014 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 22.5 percent to reach € 34.8 billion in 2020. The main growth will come from ad revenues in the social networking and local search segments. Many enterprise services such as mobile analytics, secure authentication and fraud management are also expected to grow substantially in the next few years.
Highlights from the ninth edition of the report:
360-degree overview of the LBS ecosystem.
Insights from 30 executive interviews with market leading companies.
In-depth analysis of market trends and key developments.
Comprehensive overview of key market verticals.
Detailed profiles of key players in the LBS market worldwide.
Updated forecasts by region and market vertical lasting until 2020.
This report answers the following questions:
- How can mobile operators use location data for mobile analytics services?
- How is location data used in secure authentication and fraud management services?
- How are free navigation services affect the market dynamics?
- What are the mobile strategies of search engines and directory publishers?
- How is location technology used by mobile social networks and communities?
- How is GPS-technology altering the conditions for people locator services?
- What are the drivers for adoption of mobile workforce management services?
- How is location being used to add value in mobile advertising?
Analyst: André Malm
Formats: Paper copy or electronic PDF licenses
Publication date: August 31, 2015
Download brochure: http://www.berginsight.com/ReportPDF/ProductSheet/bi-lbs9-ps.pdf