Three New Models Are Packed With Premium Navigation, DashCam and Safety Features
LAS VEGAS, Dec. 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Magellan is set to introduce its new family of DashCam Navigators at CES 2016. Combining Magellan’s award winning navigation and video recording capabilities, these three new PND DashCam devices have it all. The flagship model for the family, the RoadMate 7670T-LM (Project Name: Hybrid 360Vue), is a CES 2016 Innovation Awards Honoree in the Vehicle Intelligence category. The units will be displayed at CES 2016 in the Magellan Booth, LVCC South Hall MP25441.
Magellan’s DashCam Navigator family is designed for safety-conscious drivers who want to record traffic incidents, as well as, scenic and unusual events. It also includes a host of advanced navigation features and location based content for a complete all-in-one solution.
“Our new DashCam Navigators give users flexibility, peace of mind, and the confidence gained from using dependable Magellan engineering,” commented Stig Pedersen, Magellan associate vice president of product management. “Plus, each model comes with well-known Magellan navigation features such as landmark guidance, junction view, parking mode and red light and speed camera warnings from PhantomALERT™ for improved driver safety.”
RoadMate 6630T-LM & RoadMate 7630T-LM
Below are just a few of the many outstanding Magellan features that the RoadMate 6630T-LM and RoadMate 7630T-LM devices include.
- RM6630T-LM: 5″ Glass Capacitive Touch Panel
- RM7630T-LM: 7″ Glass Capacitive Touch Panel
- For crystal clear map and direction images with high-definition video viewing and improved touch sensitivity.
- Fully Integrated DVR – Easy to use software interface allows for easy recording, viewing, and deleting of video and photos.
- 1080p Full HD Recording – Capture everything that happens on your drive in crystal clear HD.
- Lane Departure – Audio alert and icon (left or right) appears when departing to the left or right of the current lane. Driver can adjust sensitivity.
- Front Collision Avoidance – Audio alert and icon appears when traffic facing camera detects that the driver is getting too close to the car ahead. Driver can adjust distance for alert.
- Wide Angle Lens – The 122° wide-angle lens provides an enhanced peripheral view to record the entire street.
- Impact Event Recording – When the 3-axis sensor detects sudden changes in motion, the device instantly saves protected files to prevent them from being overwritten.
- Parking Mode – Activates the camera and records and saves video when the G-shock Sensor detects an impact to your vehicle while you are away.
RoadMate 7670T-LM (Project Name: Hybrid 360Vue) – CES 2016 Innovation Awards Honoree*
In addition to all of the features above, the RoadMate 7670T-LM also includes the following:
- Dual HD Cameras – Two 170° wide-angle lenses, one forward facing and one backward facing, provide a 340° field of view for high definition video capture.
- Independent Rotating Cameras – Both cameras rotate an impressive 360° to capture content in any direction.
- Rotating Magnetic Mount – Mount is easily removed or rotated to any desired angle assuring you never miss an important moment.
- External Camera Support (Optional) – For up to 3 additional external cameras to capture a 360° view around the exterior of your vehicle. 2-channel video recording (front facing camera plus one of the other 4 cameras).
- Remote Steering Wheel Control (Optional) – Conveniently change which cameras are recording at the touch of a button.
Pricing and Availability
The new Magellan RoadMate DashCam Navigators product line will be available at retailers throughout the U.S. and Canada as well as online at www.magellangps.com in Q2 2016 with MSRPs starting at $179.99.
Headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, MiTAC Digital Corporation, manufacturer of the Magellan (www.magellangps.com) brand of portable GPS navigation devices, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MiTAC International Corporation. Magellan, the industry leader for innovative GPS navigation devices since 1986, globally markets award-winning products in multiple categories including auto, RV, commercial, outdoor, fitness and mobile. Continuing its spirit of innovation, Magellan is developing new cloud-based technologies, wearables, OEM and B-to-B solutions to meet the changing needs of today’s consumers.